Last updated: 17 May 2022
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
This policy is in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection and Privacy Act, 2019 and its Regulations.
SCOPE OF POLICY
- PayTota mobile application software (“PayTota”) hosted on Google Play Store, App Store and available on our site.
- Any of the services and products available through the PayTota App or available on our site (“Services”).
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
WHAT IS PERSONAL DATA?
Personal data means information about a person from which the person can be identified, that is recorded in any form and includes data that relates to-
The nationality, age or marital status of the person, the educational level, or occupation of the person, an identification number, symbol or other particulars assigned to the person, identity data or other information which is in the possession of, or is likely to come into the possession of the data controller and includes an expression of opinion about the individual.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
Only as far as the law permits, we may collect, use, and share customer information directly, from a person acting on your behalf, or from other sources (including credit reference bureaus and publicly available information). This information may include:
Information that you provide to us about you or your business generated by filling in the PayTota App registration form on PayTota App or on our site. Information that you provide by corresponding with us, our partners, or representatives for example by chat, e-mail, or phone calls. Information that you provide by using any of our Services (for example, requesting a loan, sharing information and data through social media, reporting a problem with the PayTota App, our site, or our services, entering into a survey, promotion or a competition.
This information may include your name, postal address, physical address, age, e-mail address, phone number, username, password, and any other information collected including your photograph, personal description, and credit and financial information.
Information we may collect from you and your device:
Type of the mobile device you use to access our Services, unique mobile device identifiers (including the device’s serial number or IMEI), SIM card information, mobile network information, your mobile device operating system, and your mobile device’s geographical location.
Data from your use of any third-party application on your mobile device or our site.
Details on your use of the PayTota App or your visits to our site including location data, weblogs, traffic data and any other communication data.
Any other information that you may voluntarily avail to us.
Depending upon your use of Our site, may collect some or all of the following personal [and non-personal] data. This includes; name, data of birth, address, email address, telephone number, business name, payment information, web browser type and version and operating system.
Location information we may collect:
With your express consent, we may use GPS technology or any other available location services to identify and determine your current location. You can withdraw your consent to the collection, processing or use of this information at any time by logging out of the PayTota App or uninstalling the PayTota App from your mobile device.
Third Party Information (Information we may receive from any other sources)
We are required to work with third parties to provide you the service including mobile network providers, collection agencies and credit reference bureaus and we may receive, process, and use information about you from them.
Unique Application Numbers:
When you install or uninstall a Service containing a unique application number or when such a Service searches for automatic updates, that number and information about your installation, for example, the type of operating system, may be sent to us.
We may send you push notifications through the PayTota App to send you transaction-related notifications, new services and products, and marketing messages. PayTota and our third-party service providers, including analytics providers and marketing partners may use website cookies and/or mobile tracking technologies to differentiate and distinguish you from other users of the PayTota App or our site. This enables us to continually improve your experience through continued improvement of the Paytota App and our site.
We may also use analytics tools to analyze the use of the PayTota App and our services. You may withdraw your consent from accessing your information in the future by uninstalling the PayTota App from your mobile device.
We may keep and/or share your stored information after you have installed the PayTota App from your mobile device for a period not longer than what is legally required.
OUR USE OF THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
We may collect, process, and use your information for the following purposes:
- To verify your identity
- To process your transactions
- To qualify your registration
- To analyze customer behavior
- To disburse loans and collect payments
- To perform credit scoring and build credit models
- To allow our partners to provide and fulfill their obligations to you
- To allow PayTota to fulfill its obligations to you
- To allow PayTota to fulfill its obligations necessitated by authorized government gencies and our partners
- To enhance user experience
- To troubleshoot problems with the PayTota App and/or our site
- To comply with the governing laws, rules, and regulations, such as those relating to anti-money laundering (AML) requirements and Know your customer (KYC).
- To detect, prevent, and curb fraud or any other illegal uses of the PayTota App, our site, or the Services
- To send you transaction data, service updates, marketing messages, and promotional offers.
HOW WE USE AND SHARE INFORMATION
We may share your personal data with processors and other companies in our group and this may include subsidiaries, a holding company or any other entity that is a party to a merger and/or acquisition of an interest in PayTota. We may use the information collected in the following ways:
- Save in compliance with an order of the Court, Arbitral Panel, Tribunal, Regulatory Directive or Order of any other legal or regulatory obligation, we do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to other parties. But with your express consent, we may share limited personal information for research and development.
- We may also provide other parties with anonymous aggregate information about our users (for example, the percentage gender quantification of our users).
As far as the law permits, we may share information to the following recipients:
- Any associate or member of PayTota, service providers, agents, or subcontractors (including but not limited to their officers, employees, and directors).
- Credit reference bureaus or financial institutions for the purposes of obtaining and providing credit references.
- Any third party organizations to whom we provide referrals or introductions.
- Third party service providers under legal contract with PayTota that enable us to provide the Service to you and in our business, operations including fraud prevention, and/ or transaction processing.
- Government officials, law enforcement, or any other third parties in any of the following scenarios: court order, formal request, and/or when we believe that information disclosure is necessary to comply with the law.
|Name of company
||Type of Institution
||Internet related services company
||Mobile network operator (MNO)
||Mobile network operator (MNO)
||Law enforcement agent
|Credit Reference Bureau
Other service providers that we may share information with
|Name of company
||Uniquely identifies user’s machine
||Used to distinguish users on the Google analytics platform and track their statistics and page
||Used to prevent spam on our comments and forms and acts as a complete anti-spam solution and firewall for this site
||This cookie contains the reference of the authenticated session of the application.
The presence of this cookie in the browser, allows access to the apex application resources through a specific session ID
Can I Withhold Information?
You may access [certain areas of Our Site without providing any personal data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on Our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.]
How Can I Access My Personal Data?
If you want to know what personal data we have about you, you can ask us for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a “subject access request”.
All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the CEO, Erasmus Okurut, email@example.com
or PayTota Uganda postal address, Venture Labs Africa Building, Plot 24, Mpanga Close, Bugolobi, Kampala - Uganda
Where We Store Your Information And Data
The data that we collect from you is stored in the company’s headquarters Kampala Uganda. It is processed by our staff operating in Uganda. These staff members may be engaged in the fulfillment of your requests on the PayTota App or on our site.
By submitting your personal data, you agree to the collection, storing or processing of your personal data in the manner set out above.
Do You Share My Personal Data?
We will not share any of your personal data with any third parties for any purposes, subject to one important exception.
In some limited circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if we are involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
YOUR RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS
You have the following rights that we will always work to uphold: -
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we have.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to us using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means, you can ask us for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
Should you wish to correct initial collected information, you need to follow the follow procedure;
- You must pass through all authentication requirements
- A link will be shared to registered email for authorization
- OTP will be shared to the registered email which expires in 2 mins
- When all identification requirements are satisfied, a user can make changes as desired.
- When changes are submitted, user will be asked to approve changes using 2fa
- When all requirements are satisfied, user will be prompted to login again with the new credentials.
Should we wish to use your information for marketing, we will inform you prior to such use. You shall remain entitled to deny such usage by informing PayTota within 15 days of being informed of the intended use, that you do not accept such usage. You can contact us at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You agree to inform PayTota in writing of any changes to your information and your business information within 30 days.
How Long Will You Keep My Personal Data
We store data until it is no longer necessary to provide our services or until your account is deleted - whichever comes first. This is a case-by-case determination that depends on things like the nature of the data, why it is collected and processed, and relevant legal or operational retention needs in accordance with the law.
How do you Contact us?
To contact us about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please use the following details [
(for the attention of:
Data Protection Officer: Erasmus Okurut
Email address: email@example.com
Telephone number: + 256 701 621 518